FusionSleep’s Chief Medical Officer Featured on CNN’s Daily Dose Discussing the Dangers of Sleep Apnea
Jeffrey Durmer, MD PhD, was recently the featured expert on CNN’s Daily Dose. Dr. Durmer is the Chief Medical Officer of FusionSleep®, A FusionHealth® company. During the short segment, Dr. Durmer discussed the dangers associated with Sleep Apnea. Sleep Apnea is a condition that plagues nearly 28 million Americans. When you sleep, the muscles that regulate your normal breathing pattern relax. For some, this relaxation causes the upper airway to collapse. When this collapse occurs, your airway is closed off and breathing is temporarily interrupted. A small collapse may result in light snoring; however, a full collapse results in a complete closure of your airway and prevents breathing. Constant interruptions in your normal sleep cycles can cause various health issues because the body and brain do not get the sleep necessary for cell rejuvenation. Click below to watch Dr. Durmer’s explanation of the dangers of Sleep Apnea.
Dr. Durmer’s CNN Daily Dose Highlights
- Sleep Apnea should never be ignored.
- If left untreated, Sleep Apnea can be very dangerous to your overall health and wellness, even creating serious medical conditions
- Sleep Apnea restricts the flow of oxygen to the brain during sleep and causes interruptions in the normal sleep cycle
- For children and adolescents, Sleep Apnea not only makes remembering harder it also makes learning more difficult
- Sleep Apnea is linked to serious health problems such as:
Hypertension Type II Diabetes Obesity Stroke
- Sleep Apnea is a treatable condition and 100% reversible with therapy