- For Patients
- For Medical Professionals
- Health Insurance
- Finding FusionSleep
- Career Opportunities
Sleep Medicine Bulletin
- Professional Athletes Who Snore
- A Wake Up Call About Type 2 Diabetes
- Restless Legs Syndrome and Diabetes: A Vicious Cycle
- Sleep in Art and Culture. Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
- Heavy Snoring Linked to Sexual Dysfunction in Men
- Sexsomnias – “Right Place, Wrong Time”
- Are There Home Remedies for Sleep Apnea?
- Can a Person Get Too Much Sleep?
- Are Sleep-Disordered Breathing and ADHD Medically Related?
- Are Teenagers too Young to Have True Sleep Disorders?
- Can I Kick My Caffeine Habit by Improving My Quality of Sleep?
Fusion Health Newsroom
FusionSleep is powered by FusionHealth
Our Sleep Medicine Program is a Disease Management Program focused on prevention and effective means to actually manage the chronic condition that most sleep disorders are.
Given the strong links between sleep disorders and most of the common diseases that lead to death or disability, it has been shown that effectively treating sleep disorders has a dramatic impact on quality of life and can significantly reduce the cost of health care.
A multitude of scientific studies have demonstrated how chronic illness, such as Hypertension, Type II Diabetes, Coronary Artery Disease, Uncontrolled Weight Gain, and even ADHD-like symptoms can be controlled or reversed by effective treatment of the underlying sleep disorders.
The figure above shows the co-occurrence between Sleep Disordered Breathing and several of the most common chronic diseases. Most of those diseases incur high expenses in the form of frequent and costly drug prescriptions and yhe use of expensive health care services.